Tesla dominated activity on TradeStation’s platform last month, and no other stock even came close.
The electric-car maker held the No. 1 spot on our monthly ranking, outpacing runner-up Apple (AAPL) by a huge margin. Other major technology stocks remained highly active as buyers pushed the Nasdaq-100 to new highs.
Here’s the complete list for August:
- Tesla (TSLA): The electric-car maker maintained its position for the second straight month.
- Apple (AAPL): The iPhone maker shot up from 10th as its shares rallied to new all-time highs.
- Amazon.com (AMZN): The e-commerce giant edged down one spot from July.
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD): The chip stock rose from fifth the previous month.
- ProShares UltraPro QQQ (TQQQ): The leveraged ETF slipped rose from seventh in July.
- Nio (NIO): The electric-car maker dropped from fourth place.
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY): The market-tracking fund slid four places.
- Boeing (BA): The aircraft maker held its position from July.
- Facebook (FB): The social-media giant rose from 15th place the previous month.
- Invesco QQQ Trust (QQQ): The Nasdaq-tracking ETF rose two positions in August.
The following symbols exited the top 10:
- General Electric (GE): The volatile industrial firm slipped from ninth in July to 11th in August.
- Moderna (MRNA): The vaccine developer slipped from sixth in July to 27th in August.