What’s New in TradeStation 9.5 Update 22
Enhancements to the EasyLanguage Work Area (built-in studies, strategies and functions)
For additional information on new functions and studies, please review the comments in the EasyLanguage code for the function or study and consult the Help Guide.
Chart showing new indicators – PPO Oscillator, QQE and Time Remaining in Bar.
- PPO – New read-only function in all work areas that calculates the PPO oscillator value.
- QQE – New read-only function that calculates Quantitative Qualitative Estimation (QQE).
- Text_FLoatEx – New function used to create a TextLabel drawing object and position it per the inputs passed in.
- OHLCPeriodsAgo – Removed restriction of a maximum of 50 periods ago. Wrapper functions calling this function (like OpenD, CloseD, OpenW, etc.) do not have this restriction of 50 periods maximum any more.
- PlaceOrder – Equities Only: Changes were made such that ECNSweep is no longer a valid order parameter. PlaceOrder was modified to not set ECNSweep if “false” is passed in for ECNSweep and it DOES set ECNSweep if “true” is passed in for ECNSweep. If the order is submitted with ECNSweep, an error dialog appears.
- Point Stop LX – New exit strategy that allows setting a long exit at a number of points (i.e., price amount) specified by the “RiskPoints” input.
- Point Stop SX – New exit strategy that allows setting a short exit at a number of points (i.e., price amount) specified by the “RiskPoints” input.
- Trendline LE – Modified code to work on all bar types and intervals.
- Trendline SE – Modified code to work on all bar types and intervals.
- Fractals (ShowMe) – New study that marks fractal highs and lows.
- Impl Volty/Historical Volty (Indicator) – New indicator that plots the ratio of implied volatility to the annualized standard deviation of percent price change.
- Line at Ask (Indicator) – New indicator that displays a horizontal line at the most recent inside ask price. The line is moved when a change occurs to the inside ask price. Inputs allow for changing the horizontal line color, style, weight, and transparency value for the color.
- Line at Bid (Indicator) – New indicator that displays a horizontal line at the most recent inside bid price. The line is moved when a change occurs to the inside bid price. Inputs allow for changing the horizontal line color, style, weight, and transparency value for the color.
- Market Depth in RadarScreen (Indicator) – New indicator for RadarScreen that plots the price and/or size of the 5 inside bids and 5 inside offers.
- Mov Avg Exp 2 Lines (Indicator) – New indicator that plots 2 exponential moving averages.
- Mov Avg Exp 3 Lines (Indicator) – New indicator that plots 3 exponential moving averages.
- Mov Avg Exponential Crossover (PaintBar) – New PaintBar study that paints bars where a Fast EMA crosses over or under a Slow EMA and triggers an alert.
- PPO Oscillator (Indicator) – New indicator added to work area that works in Charting and RadarScreen and plots the PPO Oscillator value.
- QQE (Indicator) – New indicator for plotting Quantitative Qualitative Estimation (QQE).
- Time Remaining in Bar (Indicator) – New indicator that shows the time remaining in the last bar on the chart (for time-based bars only).
- ChartTrading (Indicator)
- Added GTD order duration for all asset types
- Added GTD+ order duration for all equities.
- When using keyboard key clicks to place orders, if the InsideBid or InsideAsk is zero (e.g., data not available, halted trading, etc.), the code now uses “Last” to determine whether or not to place a Stop or Limit order.
- Death Cross (Indicator) – Corrected issue where 11/30/99 was plotted if a cross had not yet been detected
- EPS Posting (ShowMe) – Added new inputs ‘BelowZeroColor’ (default set to Red) and ‘AboveZeroColor’ (default set to Yellow) to allow for changing the text color based on the EPS value.
- Floating Text (Indicator) – Indicator revised to use Drawing Objects to place and locate a text string entered by the user. Indicator calls new “Text_FloatEx” read-only function. New inputs were added.
- FND (Indicator) – Revised code to only plot if there is a valid value returned by the Reserved Word ‘FNDEX’. The old code would plot 12/30/99 for an invalid value.
- Golden Cross (Indicator) – Corrected issue where 11/30/99 was plotted if a cross had not yet been detected.
- Impl Volty-All Opts (Indicator) – Code modified to NOT include IVolatility values that are zero (or missing) in the average. If there are missing IVolatility values in the data, the zero values are not used in the average calculation to prevent distorting the average. If all values in the AvgLength are zero (note that this would be unusual), the average value is not updated and will be the value from the prior bar.
- Pivot High (ShowMe) – Added “PlotOffsetTicks” input (set to 1 by default). This offset is used to offset the dot from the Pivot High price by the number of price ticks set in the input.
- Pivot Low (ShowMe) – Added “PlotOffsetTicks” input (set to 1 by default). This offset is used to offset the dot from the Pivot Low price by the number of price ticks set in the input.
- Price Earnings (Indicator) – Changes to plots as follows:
- Changed Plot1 to plot Price Earnings including extraordinary items, trailing twelve months (TTM).
- Changed Plot2 to plot Price Earnings, excluding extraordinary items, trailing twelve months (TTM).
- Added Plot3 to plot Price Earnings excluding extraordinary items, 5-year high.
- Added Plot4 to plot Price Earnings excluding extraordinary items, 5-year low.
- Added Plot5 to plot Price Earnings excluding extraordinary items, 5-year average.
- Relative Strength (Indicator) – Added 2 new inputs ‘BelowZeroColor’ (default set to Red) and ‘AboveZeroColor’ (default set to Yellow) to allow for changing the plot color for the “Difference” plot.
- Trendlines Automatic (Indicator) – Modified code to work on all bar types and intervals.
|TS-3836||Corrected an issue where a valid expiration date for an option spread showed as invalid.|
|TS-11658||Updated indicator plot color to show when color is programmed with transparency > 0.|
|TS-12233||Addressed a situation where strategy automation close position was not working.|
|TS-12767||Corrected an issue where “Next Bar” automated strategy orders were sent too early on session open.|
|TS-12917||Addressed an issue where OSO bracket limit/stop orders shift price when you log back into the platform.|
|TS-13095||Prevented a memory leak.|
|TS-14048||Prevented a crash when using a long input name in a strategy.|
|TS-14123||Addressed an issue in OptionStation Pro where a user was unable to resize columns in the options panel.|
|TS-14627||Prevented the Matrix close button from including an activation rule when placing a closing order.|
|TS-15008||Corrected an issue where copying a symbol from OptionStation Pro to main order bar adds a space.|
|TS-15103||Updated and corrected the EasyLanguage compiler to handle verifying very large work areas.|
|TS-15106||Addressed an EasyLanguage issue where an "Out" parameter in a method saved to a vector was saving the pointer rather than the value.|
|TS-15226||Prevented a crash in Portfolio Maestro upon completion of a back-test.|
|TS-15244||Addressed an issue with stop limit orders where stop values lower than limit values were not rejected by the Order Bar.|
|TS-15315||Addressed an issue with bracket or OSO orders placed outside platform couldn’t be analyzed correctly in TradeManager Analysis.|
|TS-15433||Prevented an issue in EasyLanguage where VWAP reserved word caused delays in the code.|
|TS-15478||Corrected an issue where TradeManager didn’t load orders that were entered with OSO brackets.|
|TS-15498||Corrected a data issue with Russell 200 symbols.|
|TS-15552||Addressed a scenario where the cancel button was disabled on first desktop.|
|TS-15580||Updated and corrected statuses from format account orders and positions.|
|TS-15631||Addressed an issue where Chart 'Properties' tab showed incorrect delivery month for futures.|
|TS-15683||Updated and corrected links in Help menu.|
|TS-15724||Corrected a scenario where TradeManager Analysis retrieves no trades when account aliases were turned on.|
|TS-15991||Addressed an issue where the platform backup included empty analysis techniques.|
|TS-16148||Ensured in EasyLanguage an object assigned to NULL is correctly reflected as NULL.|
|TS-16153||Corrected an issue where an options order placed from web trading showed incorrect action in the platform.|
|TS-16257||Ensured Order Bar changes account to match position selected in TradeManager when using account aliases.|
|TS-16310||Corrected the EasyLanguage Dictionary link in the TradeStation Developer Environment.|
|TS-16362||Addressed an issue in the Matrix where replacing trailing stop orders were not showing the correct amount entered by the user.|
|TS-16386||Corrected an issue in OptionStation Pro where the expiration date column does not appear in the options panel even after it is added.|
|TS-16579||Restored in OptionStation Pro the Indicator properties dialog for probability of ITM/OTM.|
|TS-16690||Corrected an issue in OptionStation Pro where the analysis tab would not change the price of the second leg (short) for a vertical spread.|
|TS-16710||Addressed an EasyLanguage issue where the compiler would not warn of a division by zero when the numerator was also a zero.|
|TS-16775||Prevented an issue in OptionStation Pro where the certain columns would not display on the PUT side.|