Stocks & ETFs – Pricing Disclosures
Regulatory fees consist of a transaction fee of 0.00221% of the total dollar amount of securities sold and a trading activity fee of $0.000119 per share for each sale of a covered equity security, with a maximum charge of $5.95 per trade. TradeStation may pass through certain charges, including financial transaction taxes, on the purchase of foreign-related securities, such as American Depositary Receipts, that remain long in your account at the close of trading on the day of purchase. Prices, fees, costs and terms are subject to change.
- TS Select and TS GO: Available only to U.S. residents. “Commission-free” for equities trades applies only to the first 10,000 shares per trade — for each order of more than 10,000 shares, a $0.005 per share charge will be assessed on the number of shares in excess of 10,000. Direct-routed equity orders will be charged an additional $0.005 per share. Basic market data is available at no charge only to non-professional subscribers. Other market data fees may apply if you add data for additional markets.
- TS GO: TS GO rates apply only to mobile app and web trading. If you are on this plan and place trades using the TradeStation Desktop platform, an additional $10.00 fee will apply to each equities and options trade you make. For futures trades, a $1.40 surcharge per contract will apply. You can avoid these higher desktop fees by using the TS Select price plan.
- TradeStation Desktop Platform: You must use the TradeStation Desktop platform to receive RadarScreen, OptionStation Pro, Portfolio Maestro, TradeStation Scanner, Easy Language, Strategy Back-testing, the full Matrix, and the ability to use TradingApp Store products.
- Per-share equities commissions, which under certain circumstances may be lower and more advantageous to smaller-share-per-order traders, are primarily designed for use by active individual, institutional and professional stock traders desiring the highest level of execution quality and speed. As such, the intelligent-routing algorithm predominantly leverages the advantages of more expensive execution destinations such as ECNs and electronic exchanges.
- Per-trade, also known as flat-fee, equities commissions, which under certain circumstances may be lower and more advantageous to larger-share-per-order traders, are primarily designed for use by individual traders who value execution quality and speed, and desire the highest level of flexibility with their execution costs. As such, the intelligent-routing algorithm may favor less expensive execution destinations including market makers.
- Per-trade commissions shown are based on intelligent order routing. An additional $0.004 per share will be applied to all directly routed orders. For all orders greater than 10,000 shares, an additional $0.0005 per share will be assessed for each executed share in excess of 10,000. Accounts opened on or after March 3, 2017, or previously established per-trade equity account holders who elect to switch to the TS Select or TS GO commission plans , will receive TradeStation, RadarScreen®, OptionStation Pro®, Portfolio Maestro®, foreign exchange (forex) and Reuters Fundamental data and Benzinga news free of charge. Qualified non-professional subscribers will also receive AMEX, NASDAQ Level 1, NYSE and OPRA data free of charge.
- Per-Share: $0.01/share for the first 500 shares, then $0.006 for each share thereafter, per order. There is no additional charge on cancelled/ unexecuted shares. Includes all direct routing fees. $1 minimum per trade.
- Unbundled: A clearing fee of $0.0002 per share will be added to every transaction. There is no additional fee for direct routing. There is a $1 minimum fee per order up to 100,000 shares executed per month, a $0.70 minimum fee per order up to 1 million shares executed and a $.50 minimum fee per order for monthly volumes exceeding 1 million. This is only applicable for the per-share commission. The pass-through rebate and fee are not taken into consideration for the minimum commission charge. If intelligent routing is selected, the order will be routed to the destination based on our intelligent routing algorithm, not necessarily the destination with the lowest fee or highest rebate. Care should be taken when using intelligent routing on the unbundled commission plan. In most cases, the same fee or rebate the exchanges charge TradeStation is passed on to the client, but this is not guaranteed. Some normalization does take place.
- Information about TradeStation’s equities payment for order flow arrangements can be found at the SEC Rule 606 Report & Rule 607 Disclosure.
- Other Fees and Charges: Service fees, market data fees, premium service fees and other fees and charges may apply. Please visit service fees section.