Options – Pricing Disclosures
Regulatory fees consist of a transaction fee of 0.00229% of the total dollar amount of securities sold and, starting May 14, 2022, a trading activity fee of $0.00218 per contract for each sale of an option, as well as an Options Regulatory Fee. This fee varies by options exchange, where an options trade executes and whether the broker responsible for the trade is a member of a particular exchange. As a result, TradeStation Securities calculates a blended rate that equals or slightly exceeds the amount it is required to remit to the options exchange. TradeStation Securities may pass through certain charges, including financial transaction taxes, on the purchase of foreign-related securities, such as American Depositary Receipts, that remain long in your account at the close of trading on the day of purchase. Prices, fees, costs and terms are subject to change.
- TS SELECT: Our simplified zero commissions pricing for stocks, options and futures refers to our TS SELECT plan. This pricing is only available to U.S. residents. “Commission-free” for equities trades applies only to the first 10,000 shares per trade — for each order of more than 10,000 shares, a $0.005 per share charge will be assessed on the number of shares in excess of 10,000. Direct-routed equity orders will be charged an additional $0.005 per share. There will be a $1.00 per contract fee for index options. Direct routing of options orders incurs an additional $1.00 per contract fee. Basic market data is available at no charge only to non-professional subscribers. Other market data fees may apply if you add data for additional markets. For additional information, please review our Market Data pricing page.
- Legacy Pricing: TradeStation Securities no longer offers TS GO pricing to new customers. For those customers where TS GO pricing is applicable, TS GO rates apply only to mobile app and web trading. If you are on this plan and place trades using the TradeStation Desktop platform, an additional $10.00 fee will apply to each equities and options trade you make. For futures trades, a $1.40 surcharge per contract will apply. You can avoid these higher desktop fees by using the TS Select price plan.
- Certain Options Strategies: There are additional costs associated with option strategies that call for multiple purchases and sales of options, such as spreads, straddles, and collars, as compared with a single option trade.
- Per-share options commissions, which under certain circumstances may be lower and more advantageous to smaller-contract-per-order traders, are primarily designed for use by active individual, institutional and professional stock traders desiring the highest level of execution quality and speed. As such, the intelligent-routing algorithm predominantly leverages the advantages of more expensive execution destinations such as ECNs and electronic exchanges.
- Per-trade options commissions, which under certain circumstances may be lower and more advantageous to larger-contract-per-order traders, are primarily designed for use by individual traders who value execution quality and speed. Per-trade and per-share commissions shown are based on intelligent order routing. An additional $0.50 per contract will be applied to all directly routed orders. An additional $0.50 per contract will be applied to all index options. Accounts opened on or after March 3, 2017, or previously established per-trade equity account holders who elect to switch to the TS SELECT commission plan, will receive TradeStation, RadarScreen®, OptionStation Pro®, Portfolio Maestro®, foreign exchange (forex) and Reuters Fundamental data and Benzinga news free of charge. Qualified non-professional subscribers will also receive AMEX, NASDAQ Level 1, NYSE and OPRA data free of charge.
- Information about TradeStation’s options payment for order flow arrangements can be found at the SEC Rule 606 Report & Rule 607 Disclosure.
- Other Fees and Charges: Service fees, premium service fees and other fees and charges may apply. Please visit service fees section and our exchange execution and clearing fees section.