Options – Pricing Disclosures
Regulatory fees consist of a transaction fee of 0.0008% of the total dollar amount of securities sold and, starting December 1, 2016, a trading activity fee of $0.00279 per contract for each sale of an option, as well as an Options Regulatory Fee. This fee varies by options exchange, where an options trade executes and whether the broker responsible for the trade is a member of a particular exchange. As a result, TradeStation Securities calculates a blended rate that equals or slightly exceeds the amount it is required to remit to the options exchange. TradeStation Securities may pass through certain charges, including financial transaction taxes, on the purchase of foreign-related securities, such as American Depositary Receipts, that remain long in your account at the close of trading on the day of purchase. Prices, fees, costs and terms are subject to change.
- TS SELECT: Zero commission pricing for stocks, options and futures applies to our TS SELECT plan, which is only available to U.S. residents. No commission is charged for the first 10,000 shares of an exchange-traded equities order executed at or above $1.00 per share. For exchange-traded equities orders that exceed 10,000 shares, and which are executed at or above $1.00 per share, a commission charge of $0.005 per share, with no maximum, will be charged. For exchange-traded equities orders which are executed below $1.00 per share, and for all OTC equities executions, the commission charge will be $0.005 per share, with a minimum commission charge of $1.00 per executed order and a maximum commission charge of $50.00 per executed order, both of which are subject to a cap of 5% of the notional value of the executed order. The execution of any direct-routed equity order will incur an additional commission charge of $0.005 per share. Index options orders will be subject to a fee of $1.00 per executed contract, and direct-routed option orders, regardless of the underlying security, will be subject to a fee of $1.00 per contract per execution. Certain basic market data is available at no charge to non-professional subscribers, and additional market data fees may apply for added markets. For additional information, please review our Market Data pricing page.
- Legacy Pricing: TradeStation Securities no longer offers TS GO pricing to new customers. For those customers where TS GO pricing is applicable, TS GO rates apply only to mobile app and web trading. If you are on this plan and place trades using the TradeStation Desktop platform, an additional $10.00 fee will apply to each equities and options trade you make. For futures trades, a $1.40 surcharge per contract will apply. You can avoid these higher desktop fees by using the TS Select price plan.
- Certain Options Strategies: There are additional costs associated with option strategies that call for multiple purchases and sales of options, such as spreads, straddles, and collars, as compared with a single option trade.
- Per-share options commissions, which under certain circumstances may be lower and more advantageous to smaller-contract-per-order traders, are primarily designed for use by active individual, institutional and professional stock traders desiring the highest level of execution quality and speed. As such, the intelligent-routing algorithm predominantly leverages the advantages of more expensive execution destinations such as ECNs and electronic exchanges.
- Per-trade options commissions, which under certain circumstances may be lower and more advantageous to larger-contract-per-order traders, are primarily designed for use by individual traders who value execution quality and speed. Per-trade and per-share commissions shown are based on intelligent order routing. An additional $0.50 per contract will be applied to all directly routed orders. An additional $0.50 per contract will be applied to all index options. Accounts opened on or after March 3, 2017, or previously established per-trade equity account holders who elect to switch to the TS SELECT commission plan, will receive TradeStation, RadarScreen®, OptionStation Pro®, Portfolio Maestro®, foreign exchange (forex) and Reuters Fundamental data and Benzinga news free of charge. Qualified non-professional subscribers will also receive AMEX, NASDAQ Level 1, NYSE and OPRA data free of charge.
- Information about TradeStation’s options payment for order flow arrangements can be found at the SEC Rule 606 Report & Rule 607 Disclosure.
- Other Fees and Charges: Service fees, premium service fees and other fees and charges may apply. For additional information, please visit our service fees section and our exchange execution and clearing fees section.