Click here to register for the webinar, which begins at 4:30 p.m. ET.
S&P 500 Overview: Careful Near Top of Range
- Top of channel forming near 2800 after best week in 7 years.
- S&P 500 stochastic overbought, last 3% over 10DMA.
- Jumble of moving averages suggests a period of neutrality.
- Good news priced in, with few clear positives in near term.
- Amount of downside unclear. May not be a full retest. Watch for potential triangle with higher low above 2650.
- Now’s the time to focus back on individual stocks.
Health Care Still Gaining Favor
- XLV the top SPDR fund in last month despite lagging today.
- Big pharma bullish chart patterns: PFE MRK AMGN
- Viewed as beneficiary of mid-term elections
- Myriad value opportunities in key names: BHC, CAH, AGN, ABC, WCG, CELG
- Safe haven amid trade uncertainties.
From the Blog:
- G-20 outcome: No clear resolution.
- Solar energy coming to life, political benefit.
- Goldilocks takes over the Fed
- Master the Matrix: TradeStation tutorial
- Why Stocks Move: Margins in focus. (Next up: credit.)
Don’s Watch For Tomorrow:
- Pre-market: Dollar General (DG) reports in the pre-market.
- Pre-market: Autozone (AZO) reports in the pre-market.
- Post-market: Marvell Technology (MRVL) reports in the post-market.
- Post-market: Toll Brothers (TOL) reports in the post-market.
- Post-market: At Home (HOME) reports in the post-market.
Russell’s Watch List:
- Micron Technology (MU) rebounding from 2014 support level.
- Tesla Motors (TSLA): Golden cross amid signs of transformation. Watch for potential acceleration from range.
- Fiat Chrysler (FCAU) may resume longer-term uptrend amid SUV strength.
- Lending Tree (TREE) may result longer-term uptrend.
- Homebuilder ETF (ITB) coming off low, pushing 50-day MA.
- Ulta Salon (ULTA) has breakout potential.
- 11/27: General Electric (GE) Dec 8-7 put spread rolled → Jan 6.50-5.5 put spread & upsized.
- 11/28: SPDR S&P 500 (SPY) Dec 288, 289 calls bought before Powell speech.
- 11/29: Twitter (TWTR) Jan 2020 70 calls bought.
- 12/5: Market Closed. Congressional appearances of Powell, GOOGL’s Pichai to be rescheduled.
- 12/6: OPEC
- 12/7: Non-farm payrolls
- Next week: Potential Brexit vote in Parliament, ECB