The National Association of Realtors reports Existing-Home Sales data today and forecasters are calling for a consensus of 5.440 million annualized rate in June vs 5.430 million in May.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index rose 0.1 percent
- Japan’s Topix index closed 0.4 percent lower in a dramatic session fueled by reports the Bank of Japan may be planning changes to ultra-loose policy.
- In Europe, the Stoxx 600 Index was 0.1 percent lower at 5:45 a.m., as investors digested the Fiat leadership change and company earnings.
- S&P 500 futures were pointed toward a drop at the open
Economic Report Notes:
- Jul 23: Existing Home Sales
- Jul 25: New Home Sales
- Jul 26: Jobless Claims
- Jul 26: Durable Goods
- Jul 26: International Trade
- Jul 27: GDP
- Jul 27: Consumer Confidence
Earnings Report Notes: This week is all about earnings, with several big-name stocks set to announce. Outcomes from these announcements could affect where the market goes this coming week. This morning’s reports include Cal-Maine Foods (CALM), Halliburton (HAL), Hasbro (HAS), Illinois Tool Works (ITW), and Netgear (NTGR), while Google parent Alphabet (GOOGL), TD Ameritrade (AMTD), Whirlpool (WHR), and Zions Bancorp (ZION) are among the companies set to report after today’s closing bell.