Register for Market Trends here.
Sizing Up the S&P 500
- S&P 500 forms hammer at lowest level since June 1
- Potential support at early-June range, bottom of falling channel.
- Prices remain below August low of 4335
- February high of 4195 may be in play
- Wilder’s RSI nears oversold for first time in a year
- U.S. dollar index hits highest level since December
- 10-year Treasury between highs of June 2008 and June 2007
- High-yield spreads back above 400 basis points
- Energy still leading as gains widen:
- Coal miners: CNX, AMR, BTU
- Servicers: RIG, NE, PTEN, RES
- Tankers: FRO, DHT, TNK
- Clean energy struggling with higher rates:
- Solar energy
- REITs approach October lows
- Industrials surrender leadership as high rates punish airlines
- Signal of economic slowdown?
- Nvidia (NVDA) holds the 100-day MA
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) holds the 200-day MA
- Arista Networks (ANET) holds 50-day MA
- Walmart (AMT) holds 50-day MA
- TJX (TJX) retraces earnings rally
- Peabody Energy (BTU) breaks 200-day MA
- Cheniere Energy (LNG) potential bullish flag
- Financials at / below support: ALLY, DFS, COF
- Hawkish Fedspeak: Kashkari, Goolsbee
- Jamie Dimon floats 7% Fed Funds
- September consumer confidence misses estimates on inflation, political worries
- August new home sales miss estimates
- Crude oil inventories tighter than expected
- Yield curve least inverted since May as long rates rise
- Thursday (9/28): Powell speech at 4pm
- Earnings tonight: NKE
- Friday (9/29): PCE inflation
- Monday (10/2): ISM manufacturing
Using the Platform
Discovering energy stocks with RadarScreen and Scanner
Security futures are not suitable for all investors. To obtain a copy of the security futures risk disclosure statement Investment and Trading Disclosures Booklet – Futures.Exchange Traded Funds (“ETFs”) are subject to management fees and other expenses. Before making investment decisions, investors should carefully read information found in the prospectus or summary prospectus, if available, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. Click here to find the prospectus.
Options trading is not suitable for all investors. Your TradeStation Securities’ account application to trade options will be considered and approved or disapproved based on all relevant factors, including your trading experience. See Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.