Chinese electric-car maker Nio has been one of the biggest gainers in 2020. Tomorrow afternoon is a key moment because quarterly earnings are due.
While the Google Trends shows NIO’s popularity taking off in June, there were early signs of its potential to climb.
- In late 2019, its sales were already starting to accelerate.
- Later that month, Market Insights outlined the upcoming crash in oil and the potential embrace of ESG and solar-energy stocks like NIO, Tesla (TSLA) and Enphase Energy (ENPH).
- This TradingView idea on April 14 noticed the potential for NIO to play catchup with TSLA.
- Several up-and-coming electric-vehicle companies emerged in early June, including NIO and Plug Power (PLUG).
- NIO broke out of a bullish ascending triangle on August 25 and proceeded to triple in value.