August 27, 2018
The S&P 500’s all-time high close Friday was its 15th of the year but its first since January 26, while the Dow is still 3.1 percent below its all-time high set the same day.
Economic Data Notes:
The national activity index will offer an overall assessment of July while the Dallas Fed will offer a manufacturing update for August.
• 830ET-Chicago Fed National Activity Index (expect .38) prior .43
• 1030ET-Dallas Fed Mfg Survey (28) prior 32.3
• 1ET-2y Note Auction
There are no Notable earnings reports due out today.
Overnight Trade Notes:
• The MSCI Asia Pacific Index gained 1.1 percent
• Japan’s Topix index closed 1.2 percent higher as China’s central bank signaled support for the yuan and Fed Chair Jerome Powell’s comments at Jackson Hole were more dovish than expected.
• In Europe, the Stoxx 600 Index was 0.3 percent higher at 5:45 a.m. in a light trading session due to a U.K. holiday.
• S&P 500 futures pointed to a gain at the open.
• The 10-year U.S. Treasury yield was at 2.815 percent and gold held above $1,200 an ounce.
Later in the week investors will get a look at the latest numbers on home prices, GDP, personal income and spending, and consumer confidence
• Aug 28: International Trade
• Aug 28: Consumer Confidence
• Aug 29: GDP
• Aug 29: Pending Home Sales
• Aug 30: Jobless Claims
• Aug 31: Chicago PMI
• Aug 31: Consumer Sentiment
This widget allows you to skip our phone menu and have us call you! All you have to do is choose the option that relates to your question, enter your phone number and choose a call time that works for you!