May 24-26, 2022
Spring Summit 2022 Sponsors
TradeStation’s Spring Summit, Decoding the Markets, is all about how you can see the big picture and learn how you could develop your own strategy. Observation, planning and critical thinking are necessary skills for decoding any puzzle. Those are also key skills for taking on the stock market. Traders must adapt to surprises, look at big picture information, analyze in the moment and have strong critical thinking skills.
During this event traders will be able to focus on building these skills of critical thinking, problem-solving, strategy development as well as learn more about fundamental and technical analysis and market insights. Sessions range from beginner level to advanced, across multiple asset classes.
For the first time, we will host this event during the week Tuesday through Thursday.
Learn TradeStation tools
Crypto, options, futures concepts
Hear from TS executives
Spring Summit 2022 Agenda
Tuesday, May 24, 2022
6:00 PM ET
Current Market Overview
6:05 PM ET
With Sarah Potter, Chief Education Officer, TradeStation Group
Kick off TradeStation Securities’ Spring ‘22 Summit, “Decoding the Markets” with a current look at market conditions. Take a look at major news and movements before diving into the event.
The Categories Game
6:30 PM ET
Join us for a round of categories with stock market and finance trivia!
The Art of TradeStation
7:15 PM ET
With John Bartleman, President and CEO, TradeStation Group and Hans Stimming Chief Growth
Officer, TradeStation Group
Join John Bartleman, President and CEO, TradeStation Group and Hans Stimming Chief Growth Officer, TradeStation Group as they walk you through how the history of TradeStation is shaping its future. Learn more about our Miami Bull project, funny stories from the past, and a sneak peek into TradeStation’s future.
Wednesday, May 25, 2022
Ways Women Can Merge Trading into Their Busy Lives
1:15 PM ET
With Sarah Potter, Chief Education Officer, TradeStation Group
This session will focus on helping you find ways to be efficient in the markets and empower you to feel like you can find time to trade. We will get into the basics of various asset classes including crypto, and cover ways you may reduce the time burden of finding and managing trades.
Test Your Trading Ideas Before Risking Your Capital
2:00 PM ET
With Jesus Nava, Director of Client Training and Education, TradeStation Securities
In this session, Jesus Nava, Director of Client Training and Education, will show you how to test a trading strategy using the built-in strategy components. Jesus will also show you how to put together both long and short entry and exit components to prototype an unlimited number of strategy ideas. We will also run through the key historical back-testing performance measures and graphs so you can quickly identify the strengths and weaknesses of your strategy idea.
3:00 PM ET
With Julie Weidenfeld, Corporate and Individual Wellness Consultant, Peak Health 360
How will your current money habits translate in the future? Will you be prepared mentally and emotionally for planned and unforeseen events? Have you created a money map to determine if your current strategies around money will help to achieve future goals? Learn how to build underlying regular habits that help improve your financial confidence for whatever life throws your way.
Three Methods for Decoding the Markets
3:45 PM ET
With David Russell, VP of Market Intelligence, TradeStation Securities
Financials markets are constantly changing as industries and economies evolve. Fortunately, investors only need a few basic tools to understand conditions and react accordingly. David Russell, VP of Market Intelligence at TradeStation, will demonstrate three techniques using the TradeStation platform. Learn to decode the market and get free custom tools in this information-packed session!
The Current US Economic Environment
4:45 PM ET
With Blu Putnam, CME Group Chief Economist
Join CME Group Chief Economist Blu Putnam for a discussion on the current Economic environment in the US, inflation and the FOMC. Specifically, Blu will touch on Equity Market Risks including:
- Recession Worries
- The strong US Dollar
- Rising input and labor costs
- Higher bond yields that lead to a higher “hurdle” rate
10 Tips to Becoming the Trader You Want to be
5:45 PM ET
With Anthony Crudele, Host of Futures Radio Show Podcast & Develop Your Edge
Join Anthony Crudele in this webinar as he helps you to think outside the box and learn how you can use traditional indicators in a non-traditional method and learn the difference between trading rules vs trading instincts.
Spread Trading Futures
6:30 PM ET
With Brandon Wendell, CMT
Trading in the futures markets can be tricky. Brandon Wendell, CMT will introduce you to a different method of trading in the futures markets that reduces your margin requirements and provides additional risk management opportunities. Learn how to apply this technique in your trading routine!
Thursday, May 26, 2022
1:15 PM ET
With Jeff Peters, Director, Product Management, Client Applications, TradeStation Technologies
Have you ever wondered how TradeStation designs and develops our tools? Would you want the opportunity to tell us about the tools you love and what you want to see next? Join Jeff Peters Director of Product Management and Client Applications as he shares a product highlight and opens the floor to your feedback.
Volatility Trading Strategies
2:00 PM ET
With Mat Cashman, Principal, Investor Education, Options Industry Council
Have you ever watched a volatile market and wondered how you might use options to capitalize on the underlying movement? Join Mat Cashman, a former market maker and current OIC instructor, as he leads a discussion covering long straddles and long strangles, short straddles vs. Iron butterflies, short strangle vs. Iron condor, and more.
What I’ve Learned from Buying 500 NFTs
3:00 PM ET
With Ralph Quintero, NFT, web3, and crypto industry advisor and investor
Are you wondering why everyone is talking about investing in cartoon apes, cats, tigers and bears? In this fun and informative session, Ralph Quintero explains why NFTs seem like the hottest new asset class, why you maybe shouldn’t ignore them, and what you should know if you decide to trade them.
An Update on CME Group Micro Futures contracts and an Intro to Event Contracts
3:45 PM ET
With Craig Bewick, Senior Director of Client Development and Sales, CME Group
Join CME Group as they discuss the latest on its suite of Micro Futures and Options including a summary of contracts offered, volume trends and various use case scenarios. CME will also introduce its exciting new Event Contracts that are scheduled to be launched during the 3rd Quarter, pending regulatory approval.
Unlock the Power of the TradeStation Platforms
4:45 PM ET
With Michael Tibbits, Content Specialist, TradeStation Securities
With three distinct platforms, TradeStation gives you the tools to be able to research historical data, monitor real-time market activity, place trades, and execute fully automated trading strategies from just about anywhere. This presentation will demonstrate the capabilities of each of the TradeStation platforms and how you can use them to your advantage.
5:45 PM ET
With TradeStation Crypto
TradeStation makes no representations regarding the goods or services offered by sponsors of the event, and summit sponsors make no representations regarding TradeStation’s goods or services.
This is for educational and informational purposes only and is not research or a recommendation regarding any security or investment strategy. TradeStation Securities Inc. and its affiliates do not provide legal, tax, or investment advice.
Past performance, whether actual or indicated by historical tests of strategies, is no guarantee of future performance or success. There is a possibility that you may sustain a loss equal to or greater than your entire investment regardless of which asset class you trade (equities, options, futures, or digital assets); therefore, you should not invest or risk money that you cannot afford to lose. Before trading any asset class, first read the relevant risk disclosure statements on the Important Documents page, found here: www.tradestation.com/important-information.
TradeStation Securities, Inc., TradeStation Crypto, Inc., and TradeStation Technologies, Inc. are each wholly owned subsidiaries of TradeStation Group, Inc., all operating, and providing products and services, under the TradeStation brand and trademark. You Can Trade, Inc. is also a wholly owned subsidiary of TradeStation Group, Inc., operating under its own brand and trademarks. TradeStation Crypto, Inc. offers to self-directed investors and traders cryptocurrency brokerage services. It is neither licensed with the SEC or the CFTC nor is it a Member of NFA. When applying for, or purchasing, accounts, subscriptions, products, and services, it is important that you know which company you will be dealing with. Please click here for further important information explaining what this means.
Options trading is not suitable for all investors. Your account application to trade options will be considered and approved or disapproved based on all relevant factors, including your trading experience. Please visit TradeStation.com for a link to the document titled Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options. You may also obtain the booklet by writing to TradeStation, 8050 SW 10 Street, Suite 2000, Plantation, FL 33324. Visit TradeStation.com/Pricing for full details on the costs and fees associated with options.
Investing in cryptocurrencies involves significant risks. Please click here for TradeStation Crypto’s risk disclosures on investing and trading in cryptocurrencies.
Provided by TradeStation Securities, May 24, 2022 6 pm ET to May 26, 2022 7:30 pm ET. No purchase necessary. To enter, attend Spring Summit sessions, scan QR code, and complete survey or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Must be over 18 years of age to enter. Employees and contractors of TradeStation, its affiliates, and Spring Summit sponsors or presenters are not eligible to enter. Odds of winning depend on number of entrants. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. See Terms for complete terms and conditions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – SPRING SUMMIT 2022 GIVEAWAY
1. Eligibility: Individuals 18 years or older attending sessions of TradeStation Securities’ Decoding the Markets Spring Summit 2022 (the “Summit”) are eligible to win giveaways. To enter, scan QR codes presented during the Summit and complete the questionnaire attached to the QR code to be entered into the drawing. No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway. Entrants may be entered into multiple drawings if they scan multiple QR codes and complete multiple surveys. You may also enter the giveaway by emailing email@example.com. Limit of six (6) entries per person. Employees and contractors of TradeStation, its affiliates, and Summit sponsors or presenters are not eligible to enter.
2. How to Win: TradeStation Securities will select twelve (12) winners using a random number generator. One prize per winner.
3. Start and End Dates: May 24, 2022 at 6 pm ET to May 26, 2022 at 7:30 pm ET.
4. Prizes: TradeStation Securities will announce a winner for each prize. Prizes consist of two (2) Oculus Meta Quest 2 (retail value $299), Amazon E-Gift Cards: two (2) $100 gift cards, three (3) $50 gift cards, and five (5) $25 gift cards (each a “Prize,” collectively, the “Prizes”). Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the Prize. In the event the Prize promoted is not available, TradeStation Securities may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. No cash payout will be granted in lieu of any Prize.
5. Notification and Acceptance of Prizes: Each drawing winner will be notified by email once the drawing is conducted 1-2 business days after May 26. All winners must sign and return any required promotion prize form within ten (10) days of the date notice is sent. Failure to respond within the applicable time period may result in forfeiture of the Prize. TradeStation Securities will endeavor to send the Prize to the winner within thirty (30) days of receipt of any required forms for acceptance of the Prize. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of the Prize are the responsibility of the winner. By participating in this giveaway, entrant accepts and agrees to these Terms and Conditions, which shall be final in all matters. All federal and state laws apply.
6. Changes to Terms: TradeStation Securities reserves the right to change or discontinue the giveaway or deny any claim from any person who claims that they have won a prize in the giveaway.
7. Limitation of Liability: By participating in this giveaway, entrants waive all right to, and holds TradeStation Securities harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, consequential damages), or expense (including attorney’s fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this giveaway or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION FOR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. TradeStation Securities will not be responsible for entrant’s failure to receive prize notices due to entrant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for entrant’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failure, incorrect, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this giveaway; by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries in this giveaway; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the giveaway, or announcement of prizes. If, in TradeStation Securities’ opinion, there is such an error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the giveaway, TradeStation Securities reserves the right to cancel or modify this giveaway in any manner it deems appropriate.
8. Choice of Law and Forum: Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this Promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Florida, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions.
9. Operator: The giveaway is operated by TradeStation Securities, 8050 SW 10th Street, Plantation FL 33324.