Twitter will be added to the S&P 500 Index this week replacing Monsanto and Netflix is going to be added to the NASDAQ 100 replacing Perrigo. These moves could expand the number of individual investors who will own the stock through index funds that track these large-company stock gauges.
If the Department of Labor’s Job Opening and Labor Turnover (JOLT) report due out this morning comes in higher than 6.347 million this would indicate more job openings than people looking for jobs.
The Institute for Supply Management surveys more than 375 firms from numerous sectors across the United States for its non-manufacturing index and forecasters expect a strong May report, with index rising 1.2 points from April.
- The MSCI Asia Pacific Index gained less than 0.1 percent.
- Japan’s Topix index closed broadly unchanged as investors await the outcome of this week’s G-7 leaders’ summit and the Singapore talks.
- In Europe, the Stoxx 600 Index was 0.4 percent higher at 5:45 a.m., led by European tech shares tracking yesterday’s NASDAQ gains.
- S&P 500 futures pointed to a higher open,
- 10-year Treasury yield was at 2.928 percent
- Gold was slightly higher.
Notable Earnings conference calls today include: HD Supply Holdings, Hudson’s Bay, Hooker Furniture, IDT and Genesco